It’s that time of year where we all look at what we accomplished and start considering what we want the new year to contain. Instead of writing down a quick list on New Year’s Day of resolutions, I’ve been spending a bit of time each day really thinking about my values and what is most important to me. So, I’m not coming out with my final 2015 goals until later this week – stay tuned, they will be BIG and audacious!
Looking back at 2014, I feel really good about how in general my life exemplified my one word – which was ENJOY.
Here is what I stated as my desires for 2014: “I want 2014 to be the year I enjoy my business more, enjoy my life more, enjoy plenty of quality time with my friends and family and enjoy a healthier lifestyle for myself and my family.” And here are the actual goals along with my thoughts on whether I accomplished them:
- Show love for each family member monthly according to their Love Language – I think I did a pretty good job of this, although my kid’s love languages are pretty murky. Still I made a conscious effort each month to spend time with them, celebrate and enjoy life
- Plan and enjoy six vacations or weekend getaways – we started the year with a couple of fun ski weekends, went to Florida for Spring Break with friends, went back to Orlando and then Pompano Beach in the summer, our annual “grown-ups only” Vegas Trip in July, a week in Michigan in July, Saint Louis in the Fall and finally Gatlinburg after Christmas. So yes – definitely hit this goal!!! So blessed to be able to travel regularly.
- Enjoy regular get-togethers with friends – did a great job of this when it was warm out – we just seemed to naturally gravitate together when everyone is outside, do need to do a better job once the weather gets cold – I’d like to be more intentional about this in 2015
- Enjoy seasonal foods and the entire dining experience – overall, pretty good job with this one – I love to cook and that definitely helps!
- Enjoy regular exercise – very consistent in 2014
- Commit to enjoying a consistent morning routine – aside from a few tough times (sick, traveling, or super busy at work) I did a much better job of this, and I find my mornings are SO MUCH BETTER when I get up earlier and take time for myself in the morning
- Enjoy blogging – and share valuable content for YOU – I think I did a good job here, hope you did too!
- Create programs and products I enjoy (and you will too!) – started the year with a Healthy Eating program that was a ton of fun, and am in the midst of creating a very exciting online program where I’ll help frazzled moms create a fabulous life!
- Enjoy discovering new uses for my essential oils – and sharing them – have incorporated oils into my daily life – and still get a real kick out of trying new ones and sharing them with friends
How about YOU? Do you feel good about 2014? What worked and what didn’t work? Are you setting new goals for 2015? Do you need help in figuring out how to set goals? If so, check out my latest Huffington Post article: How to Make Your Goals a Reality and/or my short series on goal setting: Goal Setting Step 1 and Goal Setting Step 2.
I’d love to hear your thoughts, so please feel free to comment and/or link to your blog posts with your 2014 results.
Do you need an extra push this year to accomplish your health and lifestyle goals? Then this might be the perfect year to work together. Book your FREE 30 minute clarity session today and we will uncover your top three goals for the year and determine if we are a good fit to work together to accomplish them.