Free and Disney just don’t seem to go together, do they? Let’s face it, Disney can be a super expensive vacation. It’s pricey to stay onsite, park tickets are crazy expensive and the food costs more than other Orlando restaurants. One way to make your trip a little more affordable is to include some free things to do. Add these 5 FREE things to do at Walt Disney World on your next visit and have more fun for less money!
- Electrical water pageant. Every evening, you can visit the beach at the Polynesian resort and see a FREE water parade. Set to music, this 15-minute show is a fun way to cap off a wonderful day at Disney. Picking up a Dole Whip or cocktail at the resort to enjoy while you watch can be a low-cost treat too! The times vary for this (typically somewhere between 9:00 – 10:00) so check the website or ask at the hotel before you show up. It can also be viewed at other various spots around the lake, but we love the feel of the beach!
- Resort Activities. I talked a little bit about this on my post The perfect non-park day at Disney, but it also totally belongs on a post about FREE things to do at Disney. Most Disney resorts have a weekly activity schedule with things like bingo, pool parties, campfires, and free nightly movies. You can easily spend an entire day at the resort participating (which we have done many times) in all these fun things to do for no additional cost. Some of the deluxe resorts have even more special events. One of the reasons my kids love staying at Animal Kingdom so much are these activities. At that resort, you’ll find cultural tours, animal enrichment activities and more. So. much. FUN!
- Look for hidden Mickeys. This is a really fun thing to do all over Walt Disney World. Several of the resorts have a checklist at the front desk to help you find them, or you can bring along a book such as The Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World. I often purchase the latest version for my daughter to take along on our next trip as she loves looking for these. It can be a fun way to spend a few hours or you could create an entire day based around this – enjoy your meals at various locations with hidden Mickeys that you might not have visited otherwise!
- Concerts at Disney Springs. There are several stages at Disney Springs and there is almost always some type of live entertainment happening. We’ve seen local bands, DJ’s, choirs, etc. Even just wandering around Disney Springs you’ll often find live music outside various restaurants or even a roaming piano! Bring a drink from your resort and enjoy an evening of free entertainment.
- Spend time on the Boardwalk. The boardwalk is a fantastic place to spend a free evening at Disney. Even if you aren’t staying at the resort, you can still go check it out. In addition to a variety of restaurants, carnival games, and bars, every night there are several street performers roaming the boardwalk and sharing their talents. We’ve seen magic shows, jugglers and all kinds of other fun entertainment. All for free! If you time it right, you can even see some of the higher fireworks from Epcot without a park ticket.
Are you thinking of heading to Walt Disney World for your next vacation? As a Magical Vacation Planner, I can help you create the perfect trip at no extra cost to you! You get all my experience, tips and tricks with a lot less stress!
What is your favorite FREE thing to do at Walt Disney World? Are there tips you have to save money on your Disney vacation? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!
Pin for later: