Do you love french fries but hate the guilt? Or just need an easy and delicious side dish? Then you must try the BEST oven fries out there! This recipe is a favorite in our house – I’ve been making it for years and no one ever seems to get tired of it!
It’s also a great one year-round.
These oven fries are perfect in the winter when there aren’t a lot of fresh veggies available and perfect in the summer alongside grilled burgers and brats!
Best of all, they are really simple!
Oven Roasted Fries
Step one: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Scrub your potatoes well – you are using the skin, so get all that dirt off them! As for what type of potato – doesn’t matter – any kind you like will work just fine. I typically plan a potato per person.
Step two: Slice them into pieces – I make mine similar to a thick fry shape, but as long as they are similar in size, the shape is irrelevant.
Step three: Place the potato pieces on a cookie sheet lined with foil and drizzle with olive oil. Then, sprinkle some sea salt and cracked pepper on top. I typically also sprinkle McCormick’s Seasoning over them too! Yum!
Step four: Roast for 25 – 30 minutes, until they are tender. You should probably flip them at least once during this time, but otherwise, they are hands-off!
The BEST Oven Fries
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 4 Potatoes
- McCormick's Seasoning
- Wash the potatoes well and then slice into 1/2 inch slices - or wedges - or however you want to slice them!
- Lay potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Drizzle olive oil on top and then toss potatoes around sheet to coat
- Sprinkle enough seasoning on top to lightly coat potatoes
- Roast at 425 for 20 - 30 minutes until they are slightly browned but still tender.
These fries go perfect with a delicious burger and my Mexican Street Corn!
Pin for later!