Since the weather is getting cooler, it is time for thinking about Fall fun! Fall is definitely my favorite season. I love the weather, the fall activities and all the fun festivals. I even like the feeling of needing to get it all in before winter comes.
Last year I shared a few ideas and this year I’d like to expand on that with five more fun fall activities:
- Enjoy the outdoors. This time of the year I love to go on a bike ride or walk after dinner – the weather is perfect and it’s a great way to sneak in a little extra family exercise and admire the falling leaves at the same time!
- Trip to the zoo. Have a zoo nearby? Plan a visit. With cooler weather, you’ll find many of the animals are much more active – plus you’ll feel more energetic since you aren’t melting in the summer sun. Many zoos even have a Halloween theme in October which can be tons of fun – we’ve enjoyed our own along with several others nearby in the past few years.
- Eat lunch or dinner (or breakfast!) outside. Do this one while you still can – pretty soon it’ll be cozy dinners by the fire (which is fun too), but in the meantime, enjoy those last few al fresco meals. Add a glass of wine and make it an event!
- Play mini-golf or hit the driving range. Another great outdoor activity that it’ll soon be too cold to enjoy. And just like some of these other suggestions, it is much more relaxing when you aren’t sweating through the summer heat!
- Plan a last little getaway. Even if you can’t get away for a weekend, find a festival or town nearby and make a day of it. Explore, enjoy the scenery, spend as much time soaking up the beautiful weather as possible – a State Park, nearby beach or lake, or even a day at a new park would be a great choice!
So how do YOU plan to enjoy this fall? I’d love to hear your ideas, so please share in the comments.