This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Abreva, Breathe Right, Clorox, Robitussin and Theraflu. All opinions are mine alone. #SoothesOfTheSeason #CollectiveBias
It may be cold outside, but as long as you are feeling healthy, you can still have fun! It’s a rough time of the year for colds, coughs and the flu – if you don’t have a bug, I bet you know someone who does. It can definitely be hard to keep your family healthy, but by stocking up now and being prepared, you can truly enjoy all the season has to offer. After all, the last thing you want to do is run out in the middle of the night or miss something fun because you’re feeling awful.
Early in the season, I hit my local Noblesville Kroger to stock up on my list of cold, cough and flu must-haves including:
- Abreva® Pump Cold Sore and Fever Blister Treatment – easy to apply Abreva is not for temporary relief, but healing. As soon as you feel a cold sore coming on, apply it immediately for best results.
- Breathe® Right Extra Clear Nasal Strips – when colds settle in your nose, I love these strips to provide relief for congestion. I’m also a big fan of the fact that it’s drug-free and safe to use with any sleep medication. They have a flexible, “spring-like” band within each strip, and when you place them on your nose using the special adhesive, they gently lift the sides of the nose and open the nasal passages as the band tries to straighten back to its original shape. Pretty clever, right? If you have dry or sensitive skin, go for the clear strips as the material is easier to remove than the tan version.
- Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes – I’ve already shared in a previous post how I use these when traveling, and a big reason is that they wipe away 99.9% of the most common allergens*.
Remember, Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold and Robitussin® Maximum Strength Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM should not be used at the same time:
- Children’s Robitussin® Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM – my go-to for helping fight a child’s cough and helping to kick cold symptoms to the curb. The liquid-strength of Children’s Robitussin Honey soothes on contact and provides cough relief for hours. This product is intended for children 4 and up.
- Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold – this is my husband’s favorite cold relief and with the Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold you don’t have to wait for your water to get hot. These pods are compatible with most single-serve coffee makers and work on even your severe symptoms. They are also available in Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold. These pods are perfect for temporarily relieving common cold symptoms like minor aches and pains, headache, nasal and sinus congestion and cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation, minor sore throat pain. They can also temporarily reduce fever. Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold can provide powerful relief without a prescription.
Now that you are stocked up and ready for any nasty cold that might come your way, it’s time to look for all those fun winter activities! My must do’s include:
- Checking out the Holiday Lights. Grab some blankets, stop for hot chocolate, crank up the holiday music on the radio and search out the best lights at least once during the holiday season. Even if someone in the family isn’t feeling tip-top, if they have taken something to help with symptom relief they can still enjoy the lights from the comfort of the car!
Indianapolis recommendations: 1 – Christmas at the Zoo: yes, you’ll have to get out of your car but on a lovely crisp, clear night, it’s amazing to walk through the lights! Christmas at the Zoo is open 5:00 – 9:00 November 23 through December 30, closed Christmas Eve & Day. 2 – Lights at the Brickyard: drive through a 2-mile course at the Indianapolis Speedway enjoying the lights. It’s open November 16 – December 30th; lines can get long but if you go online you can purchase tickets in advance to speed your wait up a bit.
- Ice Skating. The quintessential winter pastime. Grab or rent a pair of skates, bundle up and enjoy the ice. A great way to get a little exercise and have fun during the winter months.
Indianapolis area recommendations: 1) In Carmel enjoy the Ice at Center Green. Open most days November 17th through March 10th. If you get there by December 23rd you can also enjoy the Christkindlmarkt.
2) Noblesville has two rinks, one located near downtown at the new Federal Hill Commons Park (open November 17th through January 7th) and the other at the Hamilton Town Center shopping area (open through the spring).
- Family Game Night. Not feeling up to actually leaving the house and being out in the cold? Even if you have a cold, if you have your symptoms under control you can still enjoy a family game night staying cozy at home. Light a fire, pop some popcorn and break out the board games. It’s the perfect way to while away a frigid winter evening.
Don’t forget to stock up on your cold, cough and flu products so that you can enjoy this winter without worry! Looking for some deals on my go-to products?
- Beginning on 12/9/18 through 1/26/19 you can get $1 Off Any Theraflu Product
- Beginning on 12/9/18 through 1/26/19 you can get $2 off Theraflu Power Pods, 12 ct. Powders, 40ct Caplets, and Syrups Twinpack
- On Robitussin, there will be a $1.25 off coupon until 1/4/19
How do you like to enjoy the winter season? Are there activities you try to indulge in every year? How do you stay healthy so you can enjoy them?
Theraflu-(c) 2018 the GSK group of companies or its licensor. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use all products only as directed. Read the label and follow directions.
Abreva, Breathe Right, Robitussin ~ Use only as directed. Read the label and follow directions.
*Use Clorox products as directed for removal of non-living allergens like pet dander, dust mite matter and pest matter on hard nonporous surfaces in your home. Keep out of reach of children.