Thanks so much for this nomination from Junell at MissAdventures in Adulting! I have seen this award around but have never been nominated before, so this is very exciting.
I’ve been blogging for years on health and fitness but recently switched my focus to travel and lifestyle. It has been so much fun! I love sharing inspiration and ideas for other busy moms to create an adventurous life wherever they are.
In case you are reading this and aren’t quite sure what this award is, the Sunshine Blogger Award is given to new bloggers striving to be a positive and inspiring part of the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and links back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So here are my answers to the questions Junell asked me:
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? The beach – I’m in need of some sun and sand.
- What are your blogging goals for the rest of the year, and 5 years from now? I’d like to continue to inspire more busy families to create everyday adventures for their lives! In 5 years I’d love to be doing this full-time.
- When and where do you do your best work? Sitting outside a coffee shop. Preferably on a sunny day!
- What is one random talent you have? I’m a very good typist. Random as most kids don’t even know how to type today, but as a writer, it is such an underrated skill!
- What is your favorite you have written so far? I’m not sure I have a favorite, but this was such a fun day that I’ll pick it: Salt Caves and MudLove
- What is your favorite part of blogging? For what I’m doing today it’s a combination of the actual experiences and then reliving them while I’m writing the blog post.
- What is your favorite food? Fish tacos
- Who inspires you? Marie Forleo, Michael Hyatt and Amy Porterfield
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups and/or a crisp Riesling
- What is your favorite time of year? Fall if the weather cooperates, otherwise Summer
- What made you decide to take the plunge and start your blog? I needed a creative outlet, I love to write and I’m always sharing ideas with my friends (or random people we meet when traveling) of things to do that are fun, interesting and often educational. A travel and lifestyle blog felt like the perfect fit!
My Sunshine Blogger Award nominees with their blog links and Twitter handles are:
Questions for my nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite color?
- What was your favorite vacation?
- If I was visiting your hometown, where would you tell me to eat?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve done while on a vacation?
- What was your first blog post about?
- What has been your favorite part about blogging?
- Dogs or cats?
- How do you start your day?
- Do you have a favorite recipe? What is it?
- What is the last book you read?
I can’t wait to hear what you share!!! Thanks again Junell for nominating me – it’s a change of pace from my normal blog posts and I’ve really enjoyed it! Don’t forget to check out Junell’s blog as well as all my nominees – there are some great blogs on this list!