[tweetherder]This week I challenge you to do 10 squats every morning![/tweetherder]
I alluded to some of the benefits of doing squats in the video above, but here they are again:
- Squats help build your leg muscles (quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and calves)
- Squats are considered a functional exercise – in other words, you often do this move in your every day life (squatting down to pick something up from the ground), so working on this move will make it easier – and doing it correctly is better for your knees!
- Building muscle (which squats will help you do) burns more fat!
A couple of tips when you are completing this exercise:
- Don’t allow your knees to go beyond your toes – keep them centered (so you can still see your feet).
- Lower until you reach about a 90 degree angle
- Start with the ten I suggested and work up to two or three reps of 15
- Feel free to hold light hand weights if you want to challenge yourself
- Breathe in when you lower and breathe out when you stand back up – don’t hold your breath!
So good luck with your squats this week! I’ll be doing them with you.
Need more time in the morning to add these exercises? Check out my FREE e-course “The Perfect Start to YOUR Day” and create a schedule that will allow you the time you need to jump-start your fitness!
Shared on Inspire Me Monday