This time of the year can be quite stressful. Summer fun is ending and the back to school craziness is beginning. And if you suffer from seasonal allergies, that can put a whole new layer of stress on you!
It’s important to take simple steps to consciously reduce your stress level when you KNOW things are going to be busier than usual.
[tweetherder]This week I encourage you to take one action daily to reduce stress![/tweetherder]
Need some ideas? Here you go:
- Breathe. When you start feeling that anxiety level rise, stop, close your eyes, take a deep breath through your nose, hold it for a few seconds and release completely. Repeat three or four times.
- Enjoy a two-minute dance break – you’ll feel great after, really!
- Savor a warm cup of tea or a cold glass of water with lemon.
- Exercise – even a few minutes of yoga or a short walk will do wonders.
- Talk it out. Call a friend or family member and just talk.
- Plan out your day. If you write down what MUST be done, you can stop worrying about it – you won’t forget it if it’s written down.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Even if you feel like you can’t afford to sleep, you really can’t afford NOT to – you’ll feel better, refreshed and ready to tackle the day!
- Get a massage – one of my personal favorites!
What are your ideas for tackling stress? Please share in the comments – I know you have some good ones!
This month we’ve been focusing on the Young Living Oil Stress Away – the scent is lovely and relaxing, so if that’s appealing to you, give it a try to help reduce stress! Or try lavender – it’s another GREAT relaxing oil.
Need help reducing your dinner time stress? Get a copy of my e-course “Menu Planning Made Easy” and eliminate that stress from your life!
Shared on Inspire Me Monday