Time for another weekly challenge! Last week I encouraged you to drink more water (and I hope you are keeping it up this week). This week I want to challenge you to wake up just 15 minutes earlier. Eventually I’d like to see us all getting up quite a bit earlier so we can accomplish all the things we need to each day, but for now, an easy 15 minutes will do – and I’m not talking about 15 minutes earlier each day, just 15 minutes overall – so if you wake up at 6:30 now, wake up at 6:15 every day this week.
Why on earth should I get up earlier?
- Getting up just 15 minutes earlier than your kids (or your normal wake up time) will help you feel relaxed, not stressed. Not rushing around is a GREAT feeling.
- You don’t have to worry about being late.
- Most productive people start their day early – adding just 15 minutes to your morning will put you on that path.
- You might even have a few extra minutes in the morning for YOU (time to make yourself a latte, do a few stretches, plan out your day or even read for a few minutes)
- Enjoy the quiet. If you are awake before the rest of the household you can enjoy a few minutes of absolute and peaceful quiet!
- Wake everyone else up. It’s definitely better to be the one waking up others than being awakened before you are ready by little ones demanding your attention!
Okay, I’m in, so how do I do it?
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier (I find this the hardest part!)
- Set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier
- When the alarm goes off, roll over and put your feet on the floor. Do NOT hit snooze.
- If you know you need to, move your alarm clock across the room so you HAVE to get up
Go set your alarm clock right now! I challenge you to do this everyday this week! Let me know how it goes in the comments – I’d love to hear about your challenges and successes!